Before booking, please read these booking conditions carefully and all the other information relevant to your booking, including the Pet Agreement Terms and Conditions.
- Agreement – The agreement is for the hire of the property for short term holiday letting and will be formally entered into between Appletree Holiday Letting (AHL) and the Hirer when the required deposit payment has been received. Any bookings made by you shall constitute your acceptance of the offer to hire the accommodation subject to these conditions. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of the party.
- Payment terms – A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per week of hire will secure the booking and needs to be made within seven days of the date the booking is acknowledged by AHL. The booking will be held for that time but not fully secured until the deposit is received.The balance of the total will be due for payment without demand no later than six weeks before the start of the holiday.If the booking is made within six weeks of the start of the holiday the full amount for the booking must be paid within 7 days.
Failure to make full payment of the balance in the time period stated above will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit being forfeited (unless prior arrangements have been made with AHL).
All payments will be acknowledged by AHL.
- Payment methods/currency – Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque and only in £ Sterling. All necessary details will be supplied by email.
- Cancellation – The Hirer should notify AHL as soon as possible should a booking need to be cancelled. For any cancellation the full deposit will be retained.If full payment has been made, the full amount will be returned, less a £15 admin fee, and the non-refundable deposit.Should it be necessary for AHL to cancel any bookings the only liability we have will be to return any payments made in full.
- Hirer’s Responsibilities – The Hirer is responsible for the property hired and is expected to take all reasonable care of the property during your visit and leave the property and it’s fixtures and fittings in a good state of repair and cleanliness. All equipment, utensils and the property itself is to be left clean and tidy at the end of a stay.On leaving the property please ensure that- All equipment, utensils and the property itself is to be left clean and tidy at the end of a stay
– All personal waste must be removed from the property.
– All washing up has been done and items put away at the end of the hire period.
– remove and properly dispose of any rubbish, recycling and bottles
– turn off lights and return the heating to the normal settings if adjusted
– reposition any ornaments or items of furniture moved during your stay
The Hirer will be held responsible for any damage or breakages to the property caused by the customer and in the event of such occurrence all damages/breakages should be reported as soon as they occur to the owner (AHL). This may enable the owner to attend to the problem during your stay.
AHL reserves the right to charge for any serious damage/breakages/extra cleaning which is deemed outside the normal wear and tear and Hirers are deemed jointly and in turn liable.
Where substantial damage or repair costs are incurred, the Small Claims Court may be used to recoup these losses.
The Hirer is required to observe and adhere to the requests and instructions in the property.
- Use of Property – the Hirer shall use the hired property for the purpose of a private holiday residence for the maximum of agreed persons only and not for any other purpose whatsoever. The Occupier must not use the property or any part of it for any offensive, excessively noisy, improper, immoral or illegal purposes or allow any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the property neighbours.This would be deemed a serious breach of the terms of the Agreement and AHL reserve the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect in this instance.AHL its employees and representatives shall not be liable to the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to protect and safeguard your personal property.
- Owner’s/Manager’s Responsibilities – The owner/manager is responsible for ensuring the property is supplied to the Hirer clean, warm and with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order. The owner/manager is also responsible for dealing with any problems, equipment malfunction etc. as they occur and will make best efforts to remedy any problems that occur during your stay if they are advised of them.Owner/manager details are included in the information folder of each property. To contact the owner/manager use the contact information in the information folder.
- Liability – The Owner accepts no liability whatsoever for any Loss, Damage, Injury or Accident to the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party or property whilst in occupation of the property or its grounds howsoever caused.
- Arrival and Departure – Arrival details will be sent approximately 2 weeks before the commencement of the booking. If the commencement date is less than 2 weeks, the arrival details will be sent when full payment has been made.Access to the property will be after 4pm on the day of your arrival and must be vacated by 10am on your day of departure. Earlier arrivals and later departures are sometimes possible but this will depend on adjacent bookings and is at the discretion of AHL.
- Numbers of people occupying a property – Under no circumstances may more people stay at the property than there are beds, unless agreed in advance. This is an important insurance requirement.
- Key – Key and arrival arrangements will be provided to the Hirer approximately two weeks before the commencement of hire period. On check out, the property is to be locked and the key returned in accordance with the arrival instruction given to the Occupier.
- Fuel and Electricity – Electricity charges are included in the cost of renting the property.
- Complaints – In the event of a complaint or problem with the provision of the accommodation it must be brought immediately to the attention of the owner/manager who will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible, to ensure the continued enjoyment of your holiday. Please contact AHL as soon as possible and in all instances before the end of your period of hire. Complaints cannot be addressed if notified after the hire period.
- Pets – Pets are permitted. They are to be kept under control and exercised, the Owner cannot accept responsibility for their safety. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet. The Occupier will be responsible for all damage caused by the pet.
- Property rules – The property has a set of polite requests for guests but the property does not allow smoking inside including e-cigarettes. This is an important requirement to enable the property to comply with their Fire Hazard assessments.
- Owner access. Owners are entitled to enter their property at any time but will always endeavour to contact guests to arrange a mutually agreeable time.
- Lost property – If the Hirer, or any members of the Hirers party leave any personal belongings behind at the property after departure, the Hirer will be charged the cost of postage and packaging and an admin fee to have them returned. Any items found at the property will be disposed of within 30 days if not claimed. All perishable foods will automatically be disposed of at the time of the changeover.
NOTE: Please ensure that you take out adequate Holiday Insurance to cover all eventualities.